Results tagged “Tom Mallows” from Everton Banter - Join the debate with EFC fans, staff writers and club legends

Football - Aston Villa v Everton Barclays Premier League

Another year. Another transfer window. Another scattergun approach from the media.

Desperate to break the story first the press have obviously decided to throw enough transfer tittle tattle onto their back pages with the hope that one will stick, so when the player does make the move they can look all smug.

But even though I know most of these stories are fabricated, it doesn't stop me from feeling anxious when most of them involve Everton players leaving rather than coming in.

donovanarsenala450.jpg

Are we really that surprised?

Granted, the total non-performance in Lisbon was a shock, given drubbing of United the previous Saturday, but I had different feeling going into the game at Spurs...

A Royal Blue Monday

By Thomas Mallows on Feb 22, 10 05:59 AM in Fans

efcfanswembley450.jpgThe one thing I have learned from being an Evertonian is to enjoy moments like Saturday when they come along as you never know when they will happen again.

And enjoy it I did, along with 40,000 other Evertonians who revelled in as good an Everton performance we have seen at Goodison in recent years.

The thing is though we all knew the players had it in them, the problem this year has been getting them on the pitch and out of the treatment room.

July 2014

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4 5
27 28 29 30 31