Results tagged “Leon Osman” from Everton Banter - Join the debate with EFC fans, staff writers and club legends

Leon Osman

by Greg O'Keeffe

THOSE who study the evolution of modern top flight footballers can find no more apt a case study than Leon Osman.

The midfielder who today celebrates 10 years since he made his Everton debut has gone from un-sung utility man to acclaimed international maestro, and David Moyes believes that transition reflects how the game has changed.

Osman - who is close to agreeing a new contract to keep him at Goodison for the rest of his career - will start against Swansea at Goodison today with the glowing praise of his manager ringing in his ears.

And he too will know that there has never been a better time to be himself.

osmanarsenala10450.jpg

Leon Osman today vowed to convert a generation of Australian youngsters into Evertonians with top-class football

LEON Osman today vowed to convert a generation of Australian youngsters into Evertonians by providing top-class football during the club's tour down under.

Everton FC's Phil Jagielka says its Blues' strongest squad yet

AFTER a season of what-ifs for Everton, it was an early summer of what might have been for Phil Jagielka.

Leon Osman - we can still attract quality players

Midfielder confident in Everton's pulling power for next season.

Phil Neville backs Phil Jagielka for England call-up

Defender would not let anyone down, says Blues captain.

Everton FC win womens' FA Cup

Dowie double sees off Arsenal.

A Royal Blue Monday

By Thomas Mallows on Feb 22, 10 05:59 AM in Fans

efcfanswembley450.jpgThe one thing I have learned from being an Evertonian is to enjoy moments like Saturday when they come along as you never know when they will happen again.

And enjoy it I did, along with 40,000 other Evertonians who revelled in as good an Everton performance we have seen at Goodison in recent years.

The thing is though we all knew the players had it in them, the problem this year has been getting them on the pitch and out of the treatment room.

RICHARD KNIGHTS, West Derby

MOAN, moan, moan. For some reason the moaners target certain players. They're the kind of fellas you hear on the moan-in, 'No Jacko, I haven't been to a game for 20 years.'

When Tony Hibbert was asked to play centre back against Bate he didn't flounce out of the training ground and ask his agent to punt stories to the press, he just got on with it. MOTM.

April 2014

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4 5
27 28 29 30