Results tagged “Landon Donovan” from Everton Banter - Join the debate with EFC fans, staff writers and club legends

pienaarsouthafrica.jpg

As Spain clinched football's ultimate prize in South Africa the inquests will begin into the performance of the players on show during the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

With seven members of the Everton first team squad representing their countries in South Africa, here's how I thought they got on....

LD.jpg

Tottenham defeat tough to take after brave fightback says Landon Donovan: Everton FC latest

LANDON DONOVAN admitted defeat was tough to take after Everton's second half fightback proved to be in vain at Tottenham.

Anger as Everton FC's hopes of European football suffer major blow

THE last time Everton played at White Hart Lane the shirts were purple, this time it was the faces.

David Moyes rues first half display by Everton FC

DAVID MOYES said Everton did not deserve to lose at Tottenham but admitted a below-par performance in the first 45 minutes ultimately cost his side.

Dixie Dean: The story behind greatest of them all

Everton and Liverpool FC meet for stadium talks

LIVERPOOL FC and Everton FC were today sitting down for a top-level stadium summit with city council leaders.

Win tickets for Everton FC's 1985 Anniversary Celebration Dinner

EVERTON and The Echo turn back the clock all this week . . . and you can be part of a glittering gathering by entering our 1985 competition.

donovanarsenala450.jpg

Are we really that surprised?

Granted, the total non-performance in Lisbon was a shock, given drubbing of United the previous Saturday, but I had different feeling going into the game at Spurs...

A Royal Blue Monday

By Thomas Mallows on Feb 22, 10 05:59 AM in Fans

efcfanswembley450.jpgThe one thing I have learned from being an Evertonian is to enjoy moments like Saturday when they come along as you never know when they will happen again.

And enjoy it I did, along with 40,000 other Evertonians who revelled in as good an Everton performance we have seen at Goodison in recent years.

The thing is though we all knew the players had it in them, the problem this year has been getting them on the pitch and out of the treatment room.

sahachelseafeb2010-450.jpg

VICTORY against Chelsea for the first time under David Moyes was just what the doctor ordered after the derby disappointment.

Watching the game I couldn't help but notice the similarities to when we memorably beat Manchester United 1-0 on a weeknight under the lights of Goodison.

Once again, the crowd were fired up and in good voice, and their passion made sure the players were really up for it.

July 2014

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4 5
27 28 29 30 31