April 2011 Archives

nevillejan2010.jpg

Everton FC's skipper Phil Neville believes the club is still on the brink of great things

PHIL Neville believes Everton are still on the verge of great things despite their disjoined campaign - and wants a win against Wigan to continue erasing the negativity that has hampered the club since January.

Dave Prentice: Dashing Dixie Dean made Royal blue impression

OF course I couldn't let this landmark date pass without paying affectionate tribute to the true royal significance of April 29.

Everton FC skipper Phil Neville on why he's happy to be the captain who tweets

FOR AN old-school professional who eschews the outspoken tendencies of some modern footballers it may be a surprise to discover Phil Neville on Twitter.

Howard Kendall: Why Everton FC won't need to scrap against stylish Wigan

IT'S Wigan up next for the Blues tomorrow, and a lot of people say they'll be scrapping for their Premier League status.

rossbarkley.jpg

David Moyes predicts big things for Everton FC young prospect Ross Barkley

ROSS BARKLEY has been tipped to shine for Everton's first team next season by manager David Moyes.

Everton FC's Magaye Gueye dreaming of a French revolution at Goodison Park

MAGAYE GUEYE is dreaming of a French revolution at Goodison Park next season.

Everton FC jury: Blues fans on their team's late defeat at Old Trafford

WE were unlucky against Manchester United on Saturday but looking at Everton's entire midfield and forward line at Old Trafford was Anichebe, Cahill, Osman, Rodwell, Gueye and Neville coming to a total of £6m so it was expected.

Everton FC letters: Lessons to learn from latest Man Utd loss

IT was a disappointment to lose at Old Trafford, but on the whole, an excellent team performance, with Tim Howard, Sylvain Distin, Phil Jagielka and Phil Neville in particular outstanding.

bilyaletdinovwolves450.jpg

Everton FC's Diniyar Bilyaletdinov says results matter more to him than wondergoals

DINIYAR BILYALETDINOV says points and not wonder goals are his sole focus as Everton try to close the gap on sixth-placed Liverpool.

Everton FC U-18s 4 Liverpool FC U-18s 0

EVERTON'S Under-18s cruised to a comfortable 4-0 victory over city rivals Liverpool to keep their hopes of reaching the Premier Academy League play-offs alive.

Jack Sharp and Harry Makepeace - Everton FC's Men for All Seasons

IT'S a particularly testing quiz question.

cahillcarlisle450.jpg

Everton FC's Phil Jagielka warns Tim Cahill: 'Don't put your foot in it'

PHIL JAGIELKA has warned his influential Everton team-mate Tim Cahill not to put his foot in it in what's left of this season.

Ian Snodin: Everton FC's team of two halves at Old Trafford

I'VE played at Old Trafford many times and I know just how difficult a place it can be to perform - even though some of the Everton line-ups I played for there were recognised as being very good teams.

Ian Snodin: Everton FC's Tim Howard in top tribute to Phil Jagielka

TIM HOWARD has described Phil Jagielka as one of the best defenders he has ever played with - better even than Rio Ferdinand.

nevilleutda-450.jpg

We've nothing to fear says Everton FC defender Tony Hibbert

TONY HIBBERT believes Everton have nothing to fear from their tough end of season run-in despite losing their seven-game unbeaten run against Manchester United.

Man Utd 1 Everton FC 0: No Blues feast, just more Old Trafford famine

DAVID Moyes has made a habit of crushing jinxes that afflict Everton - but one remains tantalisingly out of his grasp.

David Prentice: Key to ending Everton FC's Old Trafford hoodoo? Try turning up for a start

THREE times Manchester United have won 12 successive home games in the Premier League.

Phil Jagielka is one of England's top three centre-halves says Everton FC manager David Moyes

DAVID MOYES has hailed Everton's Phil Jagielka as one of the best "three or four" defenders in England.

howardspursh-450.jpg

Tim Howard: Manchester United will be scared of in-form Everton FC

TIM HOWARD insists Manchester United will not relish hosting in-form Everton this weekend - despite their 19-year winless streak at Old Trafford.

Everton FC skipper Phil Neville says he feels fitter than ever

PHIL Neville has explained why he was happy to reject a January move to Spurs - as he admitted hoping to emulate former teammate Ryan Giggs' longevity

Everton FC jury: Blues fans on the Blackburn win & the trip to Man Utd

IF ONLY the season started in January. It feels almost routine now, for Everton to finish the season in great form. Before Christmas, we could barely buy ourselves a win; how times change. Now, with a severely depleted squad, we're winning games without much effort.

Everton FC letters: Tim Cahill is so important to the Blues' prospects

TIM CAHILL is a proud Aussie and, rightly or wrongly, he wants to play every game against every opposition. If I were Australian I would want him playing every match, whatever the stakes and whoever foots the bill.

cahillcarlisle450.jpg

Everton FC boss David Moyes tells Tim Cahill - beware the burn-out

DAVID MOYES has urged Tim Cahill to pick and choose his Australian international commitments - in order to avoid being burned out by friendly fire.

colemanfulhamh450.jpg

Jack Rodwell: Seamus Coleman will scoop prizes at Everton FC

JACK RODWELL believes team-mate Seamus Coleman won't finish the season empty handed.

moyesnov09.jpg

Everton FC boss David Moyes insists Blues don't need new owners

DAVID MOYES believes Everton need new investment, not new owners at Goodison Park.

Leighton Baines ready to give up Everton FC penalty duties when Mikel Arteta returns

LEIGHTON BAINES is ready to relinquish his penalty taking responsibilities at Everton - despite his latest successes from the spot contributing to a best ever personal goal haul.

Ian Snodin: I'm totally gobsmacked by PFA's snub to Everton FC star Leighton Baines

ASHLEY COLE is different class as a player. I've written many times before of my admiration for the Chelsea left-back. But if he's had a better season than Leighton Baines in 2010/11 I'll eat my hat.

osmanblackburnh.jpg
Tim Howard says Leon Osman should be an Everton FC ever-present

TIM Howard believes Leon Osman should be an ever-present in David Moyes's side after the midfielder was instrumental in another Everton victory.

Everton FC 2 Blackburn Rovers 0: Leon Osman leads Blues charge

SOME fans in the away end were dressed like Fathers for Justice protesters, but the only campaign the home supporters should get behind is for the season to start in January.

David Prentice: How Leon Osman has been crucial to Everton FC late-season revival

YESTERDAY marked the 50th anniversary of Harry Catterick's appointment as Everton manager. When he arrived at Goodison Park he made it his mission to "bring back winning, attractive football." And he succeeded spectacularly.

gueye450.jpgEverton FC's Magaye Gueye targeting goals before end of the season

EVERTON'S young French winger, Magaye Gueye, has set a very specific target for the remaining six games of his debut season in English football.

Everton FC's Greek striker Apostolos Vellios knows his history

APOSTOLOS VELLIOS created a small slice of Everton history when he trotted on 10 minutes from the end of the Blues' recent Premier League match against Aston Villa.

Everton FC letters: Make Jermaine Beckford the Blues' main man

A FANTASTIC performance against Wolves last Saturday and another great season when you consider our budget and injuries.

Everton FC jury: Blues fans on the win at Wolves

WITH a great win against Wolves and a home clash with Blackburn to come on Saturday, Everton again find themselves thinking 'what might have been?'.

1 2 Next

Recent Comments