March 2011 Archives

moyesnov09.jpg

David Moyes would only walk away from Everton FC if fans wanted him to

DAVID MOYES says he has no plans to walk away from Everton, insisting he will leave only when the fans are fed up with him.

Everton FC defender Tony Hibbert's perfect 10 years at Goodison Park

IF EVERTONIANS needed any proof that their 20-year-old debutant had the head for top flight football, they received it when Tony Hibbert gamely tried to get his forehead to a cross into the West Ham penalty area.

Everton FC jury: Blues fans on Phil Jagielka & Leighton Baines' England outing plus the Aston Villa game

IT was nice to see Phil Jagielka partner Leighton Baines in England's defence on Tuesday night as much as I hate the Football Association and the current England set-up.

Everton FC letters: Opinion divided over Dutch star John Heitinga

NOBODY plays in a World Cup final without having a good grounding in the game - especially a player from a country as technically brilliant as Holland.

yobo0910.jpg

I won't be back at Everton FC says Joseph Yobo

JOSEPH YOBO says he would prefer not to return to Everton once his loan deal at Fenerbahce expires.

John Heitinga insists he loves playing for Everton FC

JOHN HEITINGA has denied reports he is seeking an exit from Goodison Park.

England 1 Ghana 1: Late leveller denies home win as Mersey stars shine for England

THE friendly no-one wanted turned into the best of its kind since the new Wembley was opened in 2007 - and ended with gleeful Ghana racing to their fans in jubilation following Asamoah Gyan's last-minute leveller.

jagsbaineseng450.jpg

Big England chance for Everton FC pair Phil Jagielka and Leighton Baines

PHIL JAGIELKA and Leighton Baines will be their handed the chance to put down a marker for their international futures at Wembley tonight.

IAN SNODIN: Everton FC's Johnny Heitinga needs to do his talking on the pitch

JOHNNY HEITINGA'S colourful weekend interview came across as the most transparent come and get me plea I've seen for a long time. But I don't think anybody at Goodison Park will be losing too much sleep over it.

colemanfulhamh450.jpg

Everton FC star Seamus Coleman can't wait for first competitive Ireland start

SEAMUS COLEMAN says he can't wait to finally represent the Republic of Ireland in a competitive match.

The Ghosts of Bellefield part three: Final instalment in our series on Everton FC's famous training ground

TO PARAPHRASE a proper writer, they were the best of times, they were the worst of times. But while Charles Dickens cut his teeth reporting Victorian court cases, I enjoyed something infinitely more colourful.

Everton FC jury: Blues fans on the win over Fulham & the latest Goodison news

ANOTHER win over Fulham at home - if only we could play them every week we would be top of the Premier League!

colemanfulhamh450.jpg

Seamus Coleman should be Young Player of the Year - Everton FC boss David Moyes

DAVID MOYES today paid tribute to the thrilling progress of Seamus Coleman which he believes should put the Irishman in contention for Young Player of the Year.

The Ghosts of Bellefield part one: Football history in the making for Everton FC

THE notebook is damp and decaying, but the message is still crystal clear. "Howard sacked. How's your luck baldy?"

Ian Snodin: Everton FC finally ready to break down stubborn Goodison visitors

IT MIGHT not have been a thriller but victory was important at any costs against Fulham at Goodison Park on Saturday.

David Moyes believes veteran David Weir can be a coaching success back at Everton FC

DAVID MOYES wants inspirational former Everton defender David Weir to boost his coaching staff.

jagielkajan2011.jpg

Everton FC star Phil Jagielka signs a new four year deal with the Blues

PHIL JAGIELKA has provided Everton with a welcome boost by signing a new four-year-deal - as David Moyes insisted he will not be forced into selling Jack Rodwell this summer.

David Moyes on how he eradicated Everton's 'survival was enough' mind-set

TWO years into his Everton reign David Moyes discovered an ugly truth about the team he had inherited.

Barry Horne: Nine years on and David Moyes is still an Everton FC success

I WAS at David Moyes' first game as Everton manager nine years ago, when David Unsworth scored one of his few goals from open play within seconds of the kick-off to give the new manager a dream start.

Royal Blue: Why Everton FC boss David Moyes could accept Jack Rodwell's sale for the right price

DAVID MOYES has made all the right noises about why he wants to keep hold of Jack Rodwell this summer.

New conduct code for Goodison

By The Sav on Mar 18, 11 04:22 PM in

New Conduct Rules for fans at Everton FC

In light of the banning from the ground and prosecution of an Everton fan who called an Everton player 'a lazy French bXsT:<>d, new conduct rules have been suggested. They follow:

sahaarsenal460.jpg

Louis Saha's injury misfortune has prevented Everton FC breaking into top four says John Collins

LOUIS SAHA'S injury misfortune has cost Everton a top four spot this season, according to former Blue John Collins.

Five young-guns who can help revitalise Everton FC's season

AN INFUSION of young blood could yet revitalise Everton's ailing season.

Everton FC jury: Blues fans give their views

I, like many other Evertonians, have written off this season and I'm looking ahead to the 2011/12 season. No cup runs, no Europe to aim for and I think we'll be fine relegation-wise.

Thumbnail image for Moyes_Everton_injurycrisis.JPG

David Moyes says Everton FC are not overpriced

DAVID Moyes insists Bill Kenwright is not pricing Everton out of a takeover.

Everton FC's David Moyes annoyed when his enthusiasm is questioned

IT WAS the eve of Valentine's Day - but there was very little heart on display as Everton floundered to a 2-0 defeat at Bolton last month.

Young Everton defender Shane Duffy in Ireland under-21 squad

EVERTON defender Shane Duffy has been named in a 17-man Republic of Ireland Under-21 squad for next Friday's friendly clash with Portugal in Agueda.

rodwellengland450.jpg

Everton FC's Jack Rodwell called up for England Under-21s

JACK RODWELL has been called up for an England under-21 double header later this month - just a month after he was injured during his last international call-up.

Shamrock Scousers: Everton FC hero Peter Farrell's promotion vow

PETER FARRELL kept a promise to himself and to Evertonians that continues to have an impact at Goodison more than half a century after he made it.

Ian Snodin: Everton FC star Jack Rodwell must take games by the scruff of the neck

IF selected, Jack Rodwell will earn his 50th start for Everton on Saturday night - a milestone for the young lad. With Mikel Arteta being out of the side injured, I hope it will mean Jack gets a run of games until the end of the season.

Magaye Gueye hits late winner for Everton FC reserves at Aston Villa

MAGAYE GUEYE struck deep into stoppage time to hand Everton reserves the three points at Villa last night.
1 2 Next

Recent Comments