October 2010 Archives

pienaar2010-450.jpg

Everton FC fans are the best - Steven Pienaar

STEVEN Pienaar believes Everton's away support are the best in the league, as he bids to ignore the distraction of his contract wrangle and help the Blues to victory against Stoke City.

Phil Neville demands Everton FC do not let their focus weaken against Stoke City

PHIL Neville has been a professional footballer long enough to treat praise and criticism with equally short shrift.

Howard Kendall: Everton FC were good value for point at Spurs

I WAS thoroughly impressed with the nature of Everton's performance, and their deserved point at White Hart Lane last weekend.

osmanhull.jpg

Leon Osman: Everton FC is only club I want to be at

LEON OSMAN has declared his desire to spend the rest of his career with Everton after admitting: "There is only one club I want to be at."

Evertonian Matt Dawson relishing return to city for Echo Arena show/strong>

MATT DAWSON is relishing the chance to return 'home' next week and rub shoulders with one of his sporting heroes.

Everton FC Fans' forum - Blues supporters on Pienaar, Osman and more

SOME people just never know when they're best off. We rescued Steven Pienaar's career that showed so much promise in his youth, but failed to materialise after moving clubs.

pienaar2010-450.jpg

We've done all we can to keep Steven Pienaar at Everton FC - Phil Neville

PHIL NEVILLE admits Everton can't do any more to persuade Steven Pienaar to stay with Everton - and the decision over his future now lies solely with the player.

Everton FC star Tony Hibbert describes his special week involving a Mersey derby win and a new deal

EVERTON stalwart Tony Hibbert has described a 'special' seven days which saw him celebrate a derby win and sign a new contract.

Win free tickets to the Premier League clash between Everton FC v Stoke City

THE ECHO in association with 188BET are offering you the chance to win a pair of tickets for the Everton v Stoke City game on October 30.

More than 50 players to gather for 10th anniversary of Everton FC former players foundation

A HOST of Everton legends are to gather for a unique dinner in honour of the foundation which changed some of their lives.

Merseyside football film The Ballad of Dixie and Kenny set to hit the big screen

FOOTBALL farce is set to return to the big screen with the release of Merseyside feature film Reds and Blues, The Ballad of Dixie and Kenny.

Review: The Ballad of Dixie and Kenny, Odeon, Liverpool One

"IT'S not about being a Red or a Blue," said writer Dave Kirby as he introduced his latest football-inspired creation.

cahillderby2010.jpg

Everton FC star Tim Cahill reveals key to his heading technique

TIM CAHILL has revealed the secrets behind the heading ability which has made him Everton's lethal weapon.

Ian Snodin: Draw against Spurs was vital for Everton FC momentum

THE difference a few results can make is astounding. Some were starting to doubt whether Everton could achieve anything this season on the back of their slow start, but a crucial win on the road at Birmingham, the massive lift which three points in the derby brings, and then a point at White Hart Lane and things are looking positive again.

Ian Snodin: The Wayne Rooney saga has left a sour taste

THE whole saga over Wayne Rooney's new contract has left a sour taste in the mouth.

jagielkajuly2010.jpg

Phil Jagielka wants to turn to rotation for Everton FC

PHIL JAGIELKA believes Everton must adapt to a squad rotation system if they are to emulate the success of European place rival Spurs.

Spurs 1, Everton FC 1: Greg O'Keeffe sees the Blues gear up for Euro surge

THE last time Wayne Rooney petulantly demanded a transfer Everton went on to finish fourth without him.

Leighton Baines wants to challenge Mikel Arteta for Everton FC free-kick duties

LEIGHTON BAINES has warned Everton team-mate Mikel Arteta he now expects to take his fair share of free-kicks following an inch-perfect effort in the 1-1 Premier League draw at Tottenham.

I did question my management methods after poor start - Everton FC boss David Moyes

DAVID MOYES admitted he questioned his methods during Everton's poor start to the season - but is now dreaming of Europe again.

yakubuaug2010-450.jpg

Everton FC star Yakubu says he is ready to rediscover the goal-trail for the Blues

YAKUBU is determined to banish the ghost of his horrendous injury at White Hart Lane two years ago by scoring his first goal this season against Spurs tomorrow.

Everton FC goalkeeper Tim Howard keen to help the Blues taste victory in North London

IT WAS in the middle of his most prolific season yet, so Jermaine Defoe was odds-on to bury his decisive penalty at Goodison Park last November.

Angus Loughran: Many Liverpudlians agreed Everton deserved to win the Derby

I would imagine the blue half of the city are still smiling after last week's convincing derby victory.

Howard Kendall: Only one Liverpool FC player would get into the Everton FC team

BEFORE the derby I stated my belief that only two Liverpool players would get into the Everton team. Phil Thompson wasn't happy, and he gave me a right grilling on Soccer Saturday, insisting that at least five of Roy Hodgson's side would be good enough to get into the Blues starting line-up.

colemanoct2010.jpg

Everton FC's Seamus Coleman thanks Blackpool's Ian Holloway for giving him confidence

SEAMUS COLEMAN believes eccentric Blackpool boss Ian Holloway helped give him the confidence to take his game to another level at Everton this season.

Everton FC fans letters: Sunday was probably the easiest Merseyside derby ever

A FAMOUS derby victory by the Blues in a pulsating game with Distin and Jagielka both colossal at the back.

Everton FC jury: Blues fans reflect on a satisfying Mersey derby win

EVERTONIANS woke up this morning still with huge smiles on their faces!

Everton FC Ladies look to progress in Champions League

EVERTON ladies boss Mo Marley has set herself extra homework to ensure the Blues reach the Champions League quarter finals

donovansignsin450.jpg

Tim Howard urges Everton FC to bring Landon Donovan back to Goodison Park

TIM HOWARD has welcomed the prospect of Landon Donovan returning to Everton - after the star admitted he would find another January loan hard to resist.

Everton FC's Tim Howard: We are happy to play through injury for David Moyes

PICTURE THE scene, it's Saturday night in the Moyes family home.

Ex-EFC striker Wayne Rooney blasted by jilted Man United manager Alex Ferguson

SHELL-SHOCKED Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Wayne Rooney of failing to respect Manchester United.

Everton Reserves suffer defeat against Sunderland

EVERTON Reserves lost 1-0 against Sunderland at the Halton Stadium last night.

cahillderby2010.jpg

Everton FC captain Phil Neville hails Tim Cahill's 'braveheart' spirit

EVERTON'S derby hero Tim Cahill has been labelled Goodison's very own Braveheart.

Phil Neville hails Everton FC boss David Moyes' Mersey derby masterstroke in picking Yakubu

EVERTON'S derby colossus Yakubu scaled the peaks not once, but twice last week.

Ian Snodin: In-form Everton FC striker Yakubu just needs a goal now

TIM CAHILL and Mikel Arteta scored the goals, Phil Jagielka and Sylvain Distin earned the post-match plaudits and Seamus Coleman and Leighton Baines caught the eye - but for me the tone of Sunday's derby win was set in the opening seconds by a man who hasn't had much praise for his performance yet.

Tim_Cahill460.jpg

Everton produced the textbook derby performance to brush aside almost embarrassingly average opposition and gain the three points that all Evertonians cherish most, inevitably meaning that there will be a few sore heads for the blue half of Merseyside on Monday morning, mine included.

We had a number of stand out performers on the day, but for me Tim Cahill once again proved why he is held in such high esteem by everyone at Goodison Park. A fifth derby goal means that Tim is now Everton's leading post war derby goalscorer, over taking the iconic Duncan Ferguson in the process.

1 2 ... 3 Next

Recent Comments