Tom Barbour: Everton Fans Be Staunch!

By Tom Barbour on Oct 29, 09 09:55 AM in Fans

David Moyes has not taken Everton as far as he can!
I wonder what kind of supporter who actually knows anything about Everton would claim that Moyes has taken Everton as far as he can, the past three results are down to the injury crisis. We've been stripped of almost all our best players and as a result we're finding games hard to win, the players we've relied on in the past to unlock defences or shore up our own defence are injured, and I have to agree totally with Mark Lawrenson's point in his article in the Liverpool Daily, when he pointed out that if Liverpool or Manchester United had eleven first team players injured they'd struggle too. For Everton Fans its going to be a simple case of being staunch and weathering the storm, while hoping the coming months don't damage our season to much.

moyesoct09450.jpg

On a happier note Everton's squad (when fit) actually looks very promising now. We have internationals across the field, and most of our top players are still in their 20's (excluding Louis Saha). This is promising for the future and I think with the squad we've got now, and maybe a few more recruits in the coming transfer window, we can break into the top four in one of the next few seasons. Also if we manage to get through the group stage and get some players back I really believe we have the squad to win the Europa League.

benficaa450.jpg

I believe in a fair go to everyone and to that extent I hope to see more of Seamus Coleman in the coming games, as in the last ten minutes that he played against Bolton he did look quite good. I think his debut at left back against Benfica should be ignored, as he was playing against a team in form with fantastic wingers on the wrong side for him. He looks like a very good buy by Moyes and one for the future. Another player I would like to see more of is James Wallace as he needs more experience.

I'd also like to reiterate what fellow blogger Mike Reynolds said earlier in the month "Remember Remember the injured are back in November!" So lets hope for some fireworks against Liverpool!

Everton Brothers and Sisters! Hear the Gospel of the Moyesiah and Believe! Our Season is not over!