October 2009 Archives

david-moyes-1.jpg

Time for Everton's players to step it up - David Moyes

DAVID MOYES has warned his Everton players to start delivering the goods or face the chop when the club's injury crisis eases.

Everton boss David Moyes wants to see sweet not sour on menu at Goodison

DAVID MOYES is desperate to avoid another Chinese takeaway tonight.

Everton legend Dave 'Cannonball Kid' Hickson celebrates 80th birthday

HE was described by a former correspondent of this newspaper as "soccer's stormiest petrel."

True Blues appealing to the Everton family

WITH a surname like Wright, Formby postmaster Billy had to be a Blue.

neville0910.jpg

SIR PHILIP CARTER paid a glowing tribute to Phil Neville in yesterday's Echo and rightly so.

The Everton skipper has been missed while he's been out and the sooner he's back the better.

Neville spoke out in the wake of our Carling Cup exit on Tuesday night. He expressed his obvious disappointment and spoke openly about his feelings during a difficult time, but he also praised his team-mates for doing their utmost in testing circumstances.

moyestraining.jpg

David Moyes ready to scare underperforming Everton FC players into Hallowe'en reaction

DAVID MOYES has warned any Everton players shirking their responsibilities will be in for a "fright" once the club's walking wounded start returning to fitness.

Everton v Aston Villa: Why Goodison faithful want David Moyes to stay off the Chinese takeaways

THE recession may continue to bite, but David Moyes would like nothing more than to deny his local Chinese takeaway some welcome income.

* Go on, use Latin Translator on Google. It's dead easy!

One thing our latest predicament suggests is the bleedin' obvious: play your best players in your best formation and do it consistently. So, if we had all our squad available, and YOU had to pick a team for the Europa Cup Final and work backwards to, say, Sunday 29th November, who would you leave out of the starting line up?

• Does Cahill represent a great midfield play maker or the best header of a ball on the odd occasion with a tendency to collide with opponents for no obvious advantage to the team?
• Would you admit that Felliani was a last gasp, face-saving panic buy fast becoming the new Mickey Walsh? He looked great on TV but was a complete waste of money for Everton (mind you, he went on to score 42 in 75 for Porto!).
• Is Jo ever going to be prolific or just a really likeable headless chicken?
• Would you really say Phil Neville is as vital as the good Sir Phil makes out? He's a great example of professionalism but would he get into your first 11?
• And poor old Tony Hibbert. We love him but .......

David Moyes has not taken Everton as far as he can!
I wonder what kind of supporter who actually knows anything about Everton would claim that Moyes has taken Everton as far as he can, the past three results are down to the injury crisis. We've been stripped of almost all our best players and as a result we're finding games hard to win, the players we've relied on in the past to unlock defences or shore up our own defence are injured, and I have to agree totally with Mark Lawrenson's point in his article in the Liverpool Daily, when he pointed out that if Liverpool or Manchester United had eleven first team players injured they'd struggle too. For Everton Fans its going to be a simple case of being staunch and weathering the storm, while hoping the coming months don't damage our season to much.

moyesoct09450.jpg

On a happier note Everton's squad (when fit) actually looks very promising now. We have internationals across the field, and most of our top players are still in their 20's (excluding Louis Saha). This is promising for the future and I think with the squad we've got now, and maybe a few more recruits in the coming transfer window, we can break into the top four in one of the next few seasons. Also if we manage to get through the group stage and get some players back I really believe we have the squad to win the Europa League.

benficaa450.jpg

I believe in a fair go to everyone and to that extent I hope to see more of Seamus Coleman in the coming games, as in the last ten minutes that he played against Bolton he did look quite good. I think his debut at left back against Benfica should be ignored, as he was playing against a team in form with fantastic wingers on the wrong side for him. He looks like a very good buy by Moyes and one for the future. Another player I would like to see more of is James Wallace as he needs more experience.

I'd also like to reiterate what fellow blogger Mike Reynolds said earlier in the month "Remember Remember the injured are back in November!" So lets hope for some fireworks against Liverpool!

Everton Brothers and Sisters! Hear the Gospel of the Moyesiah and Believe! Our Season is not over!

neville0910.jpg

Phil Neville says Everton FC cavalry is coming

EVERTON captain Phil Neville has urged his depleted Goodison troops to hang on in, until the Blues can call in the cavalry to help salvage their season.

The Jury: Everton fans give their view on the Blues' recent dip in form

IT'S been a tough week for Evertonians with three games in six days and a lot of travelling too. The Benfica trip was enjoyable with plenty of Everton songs and beers in the main square in Lisbon in the afternoon.

Everton FC's fixture jam is like Christmas

FOR Everton's exhausted players, Christmas came early this week - but no-one was celebrating.

Everton FC's purple shirt goes on view at Goodison Park

EVERTON'S new limited-edition purple shirt will be on view at Goodison Park tonight when the club officially launches its campaign forÅ Liverpool Unites.

spurscarlingcup450.jpg

THREE games in six days.

Ten goals conceded in three games. No win in five matches.

Fourteenth place in the league. Out of one cup.

They are pretty damning statistics, and the only real mitigating number is 11: which represents the amount of senior players unavailable to David Moyes during a week where a season that's been waiting to kick into life has instead ground to a shuddering halt.

liverpoolunitespurplekit.jpg

Lucas Neill: Everton FC must show character against Tottenham Hotspur

LUCAS NEILL has urged his depleted Everton troops to forget their injury woes and show the character to upset a wounded Spurs at White Hart Lane tonight.

Everton FC to wear Liverpool Unites purple shirts at White Hart Lane

EVERTON will swap Royal Blue for a purple reign at White Hart Lane tonight.

Tim Cahill is Everton FC key man says Nigel Martyn

TIM CAHILL was Everton's Carling Cup talisman when the Blues reached the semi-final of the tournament two seasons ago.

TONIGHT will be one of those nights when everyone has to stand up and be counted for Everton Football Club. But you know what? This club is very good at doing that.

It goes without saying that the schedule Everton have been asked to accept is hugely unfair.

Unfortunately it underlines once again how influential the great God television is in football today.

1 2 ... 6 Next

Recent Comments