May 2009 Archives

wembleylapofhonour.jpg

* VIEW pictures and video from Wembley here

IT was unlucky 13 for Everton as their dreams of FA Cup glory were dashed when they fell to heartbreaking final defeat against Chelsea at Wembley.

The Londoners came from behind to secure a 2-1 triumph to prevent the Goodison outfit claiming the sixth FA Cup triumph in their history.

Everton, backed by a vociferous travelling support, had received the fillip of the quickest-ever Cup final goal when Louis Saha scored after 25 seconds.

Ex-Everton star Daniel Amokachi gets mobbed outside Wembley ahead of the FA Cup Final against Chelsea - Dan Kay reports

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

rodwell450.jpg

A SEASON that started on a park pitch in Switzerland could end in the most memorable of circumstances for Jack Rodwell this afternoon.

wembley450.jpg

EVERTON'S charge to Wembley this year has evoked many memories and I've been asked on a number of occasions to compare this run with the one I experienced in 1995.

kenwrightsemifinal.jpg

GOOD WILL is perceived as a quality lacking in modern football but Everton have found the opposite to be true among some of their Premier League rivals.

euston300.jpg

EVERTON fans were in high spirits as they arrived in the capital ahead of their team's FA Cup Final against Chelsea at Wembley

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

moyeswembleysemi450.jpg

David Moyes: This can be start of new Everton FC era

DAVID MOYES today challenged his players to go for the victory that will spark the start of an exciting new era at Goodison Park.

Everton FC chairman Bill Kenwright: I knew David Moyes was the one from the first day

THERE is a glint in Bill Kenwright's eye as he calls to mind the conversation that could be deemed the most important in Everton's recent history.

Chelsea v Everton: Take part in Echo's FA Cup Final coverage

YOUR Liverpool ECHO is pulling out all the stops to bring you the best coverage of Everton's FA Cup final clash with Chelsea tomorrow - but we need your help!

* CHECK out the ECHO's EFC section here to keep up to date with the best Blues news, views and comment

Thumbnail image for Leon Osman

EVERTON ended 43 years of hurt in London last weekend. So what's a small trifle like 14? After breaking a Craven Cottage jinx last Sunday which had endured since Alan Ball scored on his debut in 1966, Everton step out at Wembley tomorrow looking to pick up a piece of silverware for the first time since 1995.

It could be a symbolic occasion for the football club.

Everton has been dramatically reinvented since David Moyes stepped through the doors in March 2002.

goslingwinner.jpg

There comes a point on any road to Wembley when there is a defining game and Everton's came at Anfield at the end of January.

It was the draw that nobody wanted and, if we are honest, it doesn't come much tougher than playing a full strength Liverpool away from home; that was the start of a ride that has been anything but easy.

Yet the Blues shrugged off the problems caused by Mikel Arteta's injury and having no fit strikers to claim a deserved draw and the momentum has gathered pace ever since. It can reach a crescendo tomorrow.

steven-pienaar-450.jpg

Steven Pienaar: Everton FC have beaten two sides from the top four - we can beat another

SOUTH African winger Steven Pienaar believes Everton have proved they can live with the top four as he prepares for the game of his life at Wembley.

Phil Neville insists winning the FA Cup will be his greatest achievement: Everton FC latest

Phil Neville insists winning the FA Cup with Everton will be his greatest achievement.

* Click here for all the best FA Cup final build-up and here for the Daily Post's special 12-page souvenir supplement

1 2 ... 11 Next