At what time do we hit the panic button ?

By Tony Scott on Sep 29, 08 08:23 PM in

Not one shot on target in the last three merseyside derbies doesnt make great reading for any Evertonian at the moment especially going down to a not so great Liverpool side on saturday lunch-time.

Being out-played by a poor Blackburn Rovers side in the Carling Cup too, our players promised us the world for the Liverpool game but the massive improvements didnt come.
Another display like the one on saturday lunchtime against Standard Liege could spell the end to our Uefa cup campaign before it has even started.

I know some people might say its early days but anything other than a win against a poor Newcastle side on sunday and it could be "Goodnight Vienna" to any ambitions of European football being played at Goodison Park next season.
With a visit to the Emirates stadium after that and then Manchester United at Goodsion, it could be a long and dismal winter especially with the players lacking in so much confidence.

With the FA Cup not starting til January it could mean David Moyes having just Premier league fixtures to totally focus on until then.

Roll back to April last year at Goodsion Park, were we struggled to beat the worst team in Premier League history Derby County.
That was our last clean sheet!

With us hovering about mid-table at the moment, results need to improve and quick.
If they dont, at what time do us Evertonians hit the panic button?